Actually, at the first time when I've read this - http://community.inv...ge-translation/
- I was happy. I've been imagining this things:
- "Translations" section in IPS Marketplace with subcategories for each language, incl Russian;
- 1 or 2 russian-speaking men in IPS Support Service,
- Russian subforum there in Community General Chat.
And all this for free with no need of additional registrations and payments.
But yesterday I've met a "Russain Face of IPS" - Yuri Pichkurov
, he told us, that he is already an IPS Staff, and showed us a "Russian Translation and Support Forum" he creating - http://imperialsupport.eu/
(why .EU? why not .RU, actually?)
He told us
- there will be no open registration there, only manual - by himself,
- there will be no "free talk" discussions and c2c support, only payed services,
- all consultations, services and translations for 3rd party modules will be commercial, no free licenses.
So, this in extremely not what I've been expecting from IPS. Why IPS being so friendly for English-speaking people is creating and sponsoring such a Soviet-like division in Russia? The funny moment is that now WE ALREADY HAVE the same thing - IBResource LTD
. They are doing exactly the same as Yuri Pichkurov is planning to - providing Russian support and services for additional money. So, why another one? Especially being sponsored by IPS.
I'm very disappointed by all this things. Also, I don't like Yuri Pichkurov
personally, cause we already had a discussion with him here at IPS, when he stoled this pack
and uploaded it to IPS Makretplace as "his own work". And now we can see the same pack being updated to 3.2 and installed at http://imperialsupport.eu/...
And when Mikhail
(author of translation) is asking here
- "why did you, Yuri used my translation without my permission?", this "Russian Face of IPS" is just laughing on him, and writing
твой перевод начал использовать еще с первых версий когда они распространялись бесплатно - и естественно, импортировав один раз правил твой крестьянский перевод как мог два года. Плюс многое взял от Wisery. Недели две наконец нашел где скачать Retail версию от IB Russian - конечно их перевод на сегодняшний день наиболее профессиональный - и наиболее удачные строки несомненно будут использоваться.
- that he will use not only his pack, but also that he's downloaded a pirated copy an IBResource's language pack and will use it too
. Yes, "The Russian Face of IPS" is admitting in the planned crime in public there. So, there will be a big scandal about both IBResource LTD and Mikhail's intellectual rights at the day of "Russian Language by Yuri Pichkurov" release... And we don't need any scandals, don't we?
So, I'm totally upset... Why Yuri Pichkurov? Why imperialsupport.eu? Why additional payments? Why stolen translations? Why closed forum without free registration?..